Friday 2 February 2007

Lengthy introduction…

Rather than starting this blog with a humorous opening gambit, I’m going to go off-piste and kick off with a mini disclaimer: the aim of this blog is just to share some of my pictures and experiences in and around Senegal with my lovely friends and family and therefore not clog up their inboxes with weekly travelogs. I reckon they might thank me for that at least J

By its very nature (by that I mean it’s me writing…) it will be a British take on all things Senegalese, from observations on everyday occurrences which are still a novelty back home to stuff which is out of the ordinary wherever you are from. That’s it – by finding something novel, unusual or funny I am not suggesting that anybody’s way is better than anyone else’s or meaning to offend - quite the reverse, I am totally fascinated by everything surrounding me and its that fascination that has plunged me into the world of geeks and bloggers (sorry, Mr J).

Disclaimer No 2: I am usually pretty flimsy at keeping up these things, so please don’t be too surprised if Mrs Jiffler has disappeared within 6 months (it’s taken me 2 months to write the second post!!), only to be a distant memory on some wacky cookery blog…

No comments: